Having pets can be a great value to your life and your home, but they can also add a lot of cleaning and care to your home. At The Cleaning Monkey, we recommend having your carpets cleaning 2-4 times a year depending on what kinds of and how many pets you have.
Here are some tips for maintaining your home between cleanings:
1. Wipe the paws when your pets come in from outside, especially if they have been walking on wet surfaces or dusty ones.
2. Add an area rug to the rooms that your pets are in the most; this will allow for the carpet to stay clean underneath and can be easier to have cleaned than the rug.
3. Keep your pets especially dogs cleaned. It can be hard to remember to wash your dogs one regular basis, but using natural baby wipes can be useful and quickly cleaning them, and keeping the dirt out of your homes.
4. Get tile or hardwood floors in front of landing areas where your pets are most likely to come into the house. This can be in front of doors, patio sliding doors and doggie doors.
5. Vacuum, this one seems obvious but weekly or biweekly vacuuming, can keep your carpets cleaner longer. Dust and hair get into the fibers and over time get ground in, Vacuuming on a regular basis will keep the dirt from getting ground in the floors.
6. Baking Soda can help mask the odors that come from having pets. Even if they are perfect, an odor will eventually happen. Sprinkling baking soda on accident-prone areas, or in areas most common to have a sleeping dog will make a world of difference.
7. Trim Nails! Pets who have long or untrimmed nails can damage the carpet by merely walking on it, while you may not be able to see it, the nail can snag the carpets and damage the fibers.
8. Deep Clean Regularly- One of the most significant ways to keep your carpets clean is to have a professional deep cleaning done on a regular basis. This will keep the carpets looking fantastic and fresh for years to come.